What To Know And How To Handle The Aftermath Of A Fire
If you live in Madison, Wisconsin, or the surrounding area, you may be aware of a recent fire that took place at a restaurant called Cowboy Jack’s. This restaurant is located on the east side of the city. According to reports, the fire started sometime in the early morning, around three a.m. There was a lot of heavy smoke and fire coming from the building. Unfortunately, there were no sprinklers inside the building to help extinguish the fire before it got out of control. Local authorities stated that the entire building was a loss and that there was nothing they could do about it.
Now, this event truly is a disaster and accidents like this happen a lot. However, there are a number of things that you can do to prepare for a home or business fire. Be proactive and know what to do:
- Contact 911 Immediately: It may seem like a silly thing to be reminded of, but some people try to play the hero. Please be safe and leave so that the fire department can do its job.
- Call A Professional Fire Damage Restoration Company: Specialists such as those at Certi-Dry, located in Madison, Wisconsin, are trained to assess and take care of the fire damage, while also attempting to preserve any of your possessions they can.
- Damages Can Vary: Your home or property may experience different types of wear, such as fire, heat, smoke, chemical, and water damage. Remember that professionals are there to take care of all of these damages, as it is crucial to take care of these damages with special care and equipment.
- Do Not Enter Fire Damage Property: Although you may want to run in after it is out to check the damages, your safety comes first, as well as the safety of your home. If you enter the damaged area, the structure could collapse, or other lingering damage could harm you. Walking around could also distribute the soot to other unaffected areas of your home.
- Avoid Any Type Of DIY Cleanup: This is especially important with small fires. Using household cleaning supplies won’t fix the problem. They do not take away the soot and ash that could have stayed. In fact, attempting to clean it yourself may make it worse!!
- Remember – It Will Be Ok: In the heat of the moment, it may seem that all is lost. But remember that your safety comes first, and there are professionals to help with the aftermath.
Although you may be feeling overwhelmed with knowing what to do amidst the damage, confusion, and scrambling to find a place to stay, calling professional help, and remembering these steps, will help as you solve your fire damage issues. Fires cause damage. But as you remember these things, you will be able to conquer it! So call today!