Mold growth is a serious and often misunderstood problem. Mold growth can happen in any property when the right conditions are present – all that is needed is moisture, a food source, and a place to live. Mold is common in buildings that have experienced water damage, as well as in areas that experience high humidity levels, such as a bathroom or basement. Once established, mold can spread fairly easily and can be difficult to remove.
Mold exists nearly everywhere in the natural environment, but it becomes an issue when it grows indoors. Most water based molds are very harmful to the human respiratory system and can cause serious long-term effects without much notice through its progression.